GTA 6 Poised To Be the Biggest Launch Of 2025 - 1

Photo by João Ferrão on Unsplash

GTA 6 Poised To Be the Biggest Launch Of 2025

  • Written by Andrea Miliani Former Tech News Expert
  • Fact-Checked by Justyn Newman Former Lead Cybersecurity Editor

Multiple publications and experts agree that Grand Theft Auto 6 is the most anticipated game of 2025 and it is expected to be launched in autumn—12 years after its prequel.

In a Rush? Here are the Quick Facts!

  • Experts and gaming publications agree that Grand Theft Auto 6 will be the biggest release in 2025
  • The game will be launched in the autumn of next year and the trailers have reached millions of views
  • GTA 6 could have a large impact on the game industry including hardware sales

According to the BBC , 2024 was a rough year for the games industry but GTA 6 will have a big impact—even in hardware sales—next year.

“It’s undoubtedly going to be one of, if not the biggest, game launches of all time,” said James Batchelor, editor-in-chief of GamesIndustry.biz.”If anything is going to convince people to jump to a new console if they haven’t already it’s going to be GTA 6.”

The game will be released first for PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series consoles, and later for PC. Favoring these hardware over competitors like Nintendo Switch— Sony is allegedly developing a portable device as well.

Rockstar, GTA 6 developer, released a trailer of the upcoming game last year reaching over 90 million views within 24 hours—earning a record of the most viewed videogame reveal —and reaching over 230 million views in total.

The prequel GTA 5 also broke multiple launch records across the globe in 2013 as well, including “Best-selling video game in 24 hours” and “Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion.”

GTA 6 sales are expected to reach similar records or even surpass the ones earned by its prequel.

“We’re going to get a renewed batch of interest with GTA VI in particular. There’s probably never been a more important thing to ever release in the industry, so no pressure,” said Brendan Sinclair, industry analyst and video game journalist to Gaming Bible .

U.S. Telecom Giants Contain Salt Typhoon Cyberespionage Attack - 2

Photo by Marques Thomas on Unsplash

U.S. Telecom Giants Contain Salt Typhoon Cyberespionage Attack

  • Written by Andrea Miliani Former Tech News Expert
  • Fact-Checked by Justyn Newman Former Lead Cybersecurity Editor

American telecom companies AT&T and Verizon have confirmed they have been targeted by the Chinese government-linked group Salt Typhoon and announced their networks are currently safe.

In a Rush? Here are the Quick Facts!

  • Verizon and AT&T confirmed they have been targeted by the Chinese government-linked group Salt Typhoon.
  • Both companies assured that their networks are now safe and haven’t been heavily impacted by the attack.
  • The U.S. government confirmed that nine companies had been breached.

According to Reuters , the companies have been working with government officials and law enforcement to avert the attack, announced by the FBI and CISA a few weeks ago.

“We detect no activity by nation-state actors in our networks at this time. Based on our current investigation of this attack, the People’s Republic of China targeted a small number of individuals of foreign intelligence interest,” said a spokesperson from AT&T.

Only a few cases of sensitive information have been compromised and the companies continue to work on security measures and strategies to mitigate the consequences of the cyber espionage campaign. The hackers were seeking to steal data and access customer call records, especially from American politicians.

The U.S. government confirmed on Friday that nine telecom companies had been targeted but didn’t disclose the names of all nine. Only Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile USA Inc. acknowledged publicly the malicious campaign and the security measures taken. Officials previously mentioned other companies targeted, such as Lumen.

“We have not detected threat actor activity in Verizon’s network for some time, and after considerable work addressing this incident, we can report that Verizon has contained the activities associated with this particular incident,” said Verizon’s Chief Legal Officer in a statement.

The Chinese government, on the other hand, has denied any participation in the attacks. Other Chinese hacking groups such as Earth Estries , have also been targeting telecom companies in other regions.