
Photo by Freepik
Google Launches NotebookLM Mobile App For Android And iOS
- Written by Andrea Miliani Former Tech News Expert
- Fact-Checked by Sarah Frazier Former Content Manager
Google has launched a new mobile app for its AI tool, NotebookLM. The app includes all the basic features and new features and is now available on both iOS and Android.
In a rush? Here are the quick facts:
- Google has launched the NotebookLM mobile app for Android and iOS.
- Users can now enjoy Audio Overviews on the go, even offline.
- The app lets users interact with AI-generated podcast hosts, ask questions, and suggest ideas.
According to the announcement , Google is offering the popular tool on the go, as many users requested it. The initial version offers multiple features, and the tech giant has offered to add more updates soon.
“One of the most frequent requests has been for a mobile app — for listening to Audio Overviews on the go, asking questions about sources in the moment, and sharing content directly to NotebookLM while browsing,” wrote Biao Wang, Product Manager at Google Labs. “Today, we’re happy to say it’s here, on both Android and iOS!”
Google first launched Audio Overview in NotebookLM last year in September with an experimental tool to create AI-generated podcasts with the information—documents, personal notes, and more— provided by users. The feature quickly gained popularity and was recently expanded to 50 more languages .
During the testing period, Google shared the new app with early testers who shared their favorite features. The company highlighted the option of listening to Audio Overviews offline without interruptions, and of interacting with the hosts by tapping on the “join” button on the screen and asking questions or suggesting another angle.
Users can also add new information—videos, websites, or PDFs—from their smartphones, and the company assured that more input options will come soon.
“Whether you’re a student, professional, or just someone who works with a lot of information, we think you’ll love having NotebookLM easily accessible on all your devices,” added Wang.
The app is now available on the App Store for iPhone and iPad running iOS 17 or later, and on the Play Store for phones and tablets with Android 10 or higher.
The announcement of the new application comes ahead of the Google I/O event, which begins in the coming hours.

Photo by David Shankbone on Flickr
Multiple Artists, Including Elton John, Condemn UK’s AI Copyright Plan
- Written by Andrea Miliani Former Tech News Expert
- Fact-Checked by Sarah Frazier Former Content Manager
Multiple artists have been campaigning against the UK government’s plan to allow developers to use copyrighted content to train AI models. This Sunday, Sir Elton John accused the British government of “committing theft” and described the leaders behind the AI plan as “absolute losers.”
In a rush? Here are the quick facts:
- Multiple artists have complained about the UK government’s plan to allow developers to use copyrighted content to train AI models.
- Sir Elton John accused the British government of “committing theft” and called leaders “absolute losers.”
- Other artists, including Dua Lipa, Florence Welch, and Sir Ian McKellen, signed a petition addressed to the Prime Minister to protect copyright.
In a recent interview with the BBC , Sir Elton John expressed his anger against the government’s recent actions and willingness to allow the use of creative material to train AI. He also warned about young artists being in “danger” as they might not have the resources to fight big tech companies.
“It’s a criminal offence, I think,” said John. “The government are just being absolute losers, and I’m very angry about it.”
Last week, the UK government rejected a proposal to force AI companies to disclose which content they are using to train their models, suggested by the House of Lords.
“The House of Lords did a vote, and it was more than two to one in our favour,” John said. “The government just looked at it as if to say, ‘Hmm, well the old people… like me can afford it.’”
In January, the UK government announced its plan to become a world leader in AI , and said they want both the creative industry and AI companies to succeed.
“We want our creative industries and AI companies to flourish, which is why we’re consulting on a package of measures that we hope will work for both sectors,” said a spokesperson to the BBC. “We’re clear that no changes will be considered unless we are completely satisfied they work for creators.”
A few days ago, John, along with over 400 artists—including Dua Lipa, Florence Welch, and Sir Ian McKellen—signed a petition addressed to Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer to not give away their work to tech companies.