
Photo by Gilles Lambert on Unsplash
Bluesky Gains Millions Of Users After U.S. Elections
- Written by Andrea Miliani Former Tech News Expert
The social media platform Bluesky gained 2.5 million users after Donald Trump was elected president of the United States.
In a Rush? Here are the Quick Facts!
- Bluesky gained 2.5 million new users after the U.S. election results
- Users are leaving Musk’s social media platform X, including public figures and publications like The Guardian
- Over 1 million people joined Bluesky within 24 hours
Bluesky—a platform with an interface similar to Twitter, the former version of X— reported 10 million users in September, after Brazil suspended X in the country. Two days ago, the decentralized social media platform reached 15 million users .
“We’re seeing record-high activity levels across all different forms of engagement: likes, follows, new accounts, etc, and we’re on track to add 1 million new users in one day alone,” said Bluesky.
Just a few hours ago, the company confirmed it reached the milestone of gaining 1 million new users within 24 hours on a post on its platform.
it’s official — 1,000,000 people have joined Bluesky in just the last day!!! welcome and thank you for being here 🥳 [image or embed] — Bluesky ( @bsky.app ) November 15, 2024 at 1:53 AM
X hasn’t revealed how many users have left their platform, but many public figures and organizations have revealed their reasons.
“Elon Musk is a pretty destructive force in our society and politics, I want no part of him,” said podcaster Jody Avrigan from the social media platform Threads .
News publications like The Guardian also decided to leave the social media platform. The British newspaper declared to be concerned about “far-right conspiracy theories and racism” in the platform’s content, and that the coverage and the information shared during the U.S. elections confirmed this.
Rose Wang, Bluesky COO, told The Verge that most new users are from the U.S. and that the mobile app reached the first position as the most downloaded app on the iOS app store.

Photo by David Trinks on Unsplash
U.S. Authorities Reveal Chinese Hackers Stole Data From American Telecom Companies
- Written by Andrea Miliani Former Tech News Expert
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) shared a joint statement yesterday to inform about a cyber espionage campaign performed by the People’s Republic of China (PRC) and addressed to commercial telecommunications infrastructure in the United States.
In a Rush? Here are the Quick Facts!
- FBI and CISA shared a joint statement informing about a cyber espionage campaign performed by Chinese hackers
- American authorities said the criminals breached multiple telecommunications companies
- Malicious actors also intercepted systems used by law enforcement for surveillance
American authorities made a call for victims and stakeholders to consider the situation and share information, and promised to help and share more updates after more developments.
According to Reuters , this announcement confirms what the media had previously shared. The Wall Street Journal reported it in October and said companies like Verizon, AT&T, and Lumen Technologies were affected. At that moment, the Chinese government denied its involvement and said it was an attempt to accuse and frame its regime.
Other media outlets said multiple politicians including JD Vance and recently elected candidate Donald Trump’s phones had been intercepted. Authorities are studying the attack and analyzing the causes of this major security breach.
The United States has not been the only nation affected by Chinese-led operations in the past few months. In July, Australia and cybersecurity agencies from multiple countries like Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany accused the Chinese government of targeting and spying on organizations in their countries.
A few weeks ago, Chinese criminals deployed ToxicPanda malware and hit bank accounts across Latin America and Europe.